Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, if you voluntarily submit, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously.
Information You Provide Us
We use the information that you provide us for responding to your requests, customizing the material presented to you based on your past visits to our web site, to communicate with you, and to improve the content of our web site. The primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you better services, features and content, and give you an efficient personalized experience that best meets your needs.
Sharing your personal information
If you choose to identify yourself by sending us an email or completing an online form, Lulu Island Terminal employees and business partners will have access to such information in order to contact you for customer service purposes. We also aggregate information on what pages you access. Information submitted by you, such as survey information and/or comments or feedback, may be stored in a personally-identifiable format and is used only for internal purposes and is not shared with people or organizations outside of Lulu Island Terminal, its subsidiaries or successors in interest, and its business partners. We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others.
This site may contain links to other sites not owned or managed by Lulu Island Terminal is not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites. Use of "Cookies"
You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies, or allow your browser to show you when a cookie is being sent. If you choose not to accept these cookies, your experience at our site and other Web sites may be diminished and some features may not work as intended.
Release of Information
Lulu Island Terminal will release any information that is required to be released by law or court order.
Security of Information
We use secure socket layer (SSL) encryption to protect the transmission of information you submit to us when you use our secure online forms. All the information you provide us through these forms is stored securely offline. If you send us an email or complete the Contact Us Form, you should know that email is not necessarily secure against interception.
Use of Contact Information
Lulu Island Terminal presents contact information including various email addresses. We have taken precautions to protect our contact information as much as possible, while still providing it to those who wish to make legitimate contact. The presentation of our contact information is by no means authorizing solicitation and spamming.
Cookie & Tracking Technologies
- ensure the proper and expected functioning of the website,
- remember you logging into your account each time you visit the website,
- remember your settings during and between visits to the site,
- ensure proper functioning of any support and sales processes,
- improve the speed and security of the website,
- use analytical tools,
- use comments system,
- use marketing tools.
By using our Site, you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than us. Third party Cookies are used on our Site for website visitation and tracking purposes.Types of Cookies We May Use
All Cookies used by and on our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. We may use some or all of the following types of Cookie:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies A Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of our Site, supporting functions such as logging in, your shopping basket, and payment transactions.
- Analytics Cookies It is important for us to understand how you use our Site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping us to improve our Site and your experience of it.
- Functionality Cookies Functionality Cookies enable us to provide additional functions to you on our Site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences. Some functionality Cookies may also be strictly necessary Cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category.
- Targeting Cookies It is important for us to know when and how often you visit our Site, and which parts of it you have used (including which pages you have visited and which links you have visited). As with analytics Cookies, this information helps us to better understand you and, in turn, to make our Site and advertising more relevant to your interests. Some information gathered by targeting Cookies may also be shared with third parties.
- Third Party Cookies Third party Cookies are not placed by us; instead, they are placed by third parties that provide services to us and/or to you. Third party Cookies may be used by advertising services to serve up tailored advertising to you on our Site, or by third parties providing analytics services to us (these Cookies will work in the same way as analytics Cookies described above).
- Persistent Cookies Any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit Our Site.
- Session Cookies Any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit our Site until you close your browser. Session Cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
You can learn more about cookies by visiting: www.allaboutcookies.orgWebsite Analytics
Our Site uses third party analytics services. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyze anonymous usage information, enabling us to better understand how our Site is used. This, in turn, enables us to improve our Site and the products and/or services offered through it. You do not have to allow us to use these Cookies, however whilst our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of our Site, it does enable us to continually improve our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
The analytics service(s) used by our Site use(s) analytics Cookies to gather the required information.Consent and Control
Click to enable/disable google webfonts.
Click to enable/disable video embeds.
Click to enable/disable google maps.
In addition to the controls that we provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all mainstream browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
- Safari (macOS)
- Safari (iOS)
- Mozilla Firefox
- Android (Please refer to your device's documentation for manufacturers' own browsers)
For other browsers, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides.
Your acceptance of these terms
Lulu Island Terminal
16200 Portside Rd
Richmond, BC Canada V6W 1M1